Equipmentland offers the Amulet B.R.U.T. (Best Rigid Universal Thumb), an affordable, heavy duty grapple device for backhoes and excavators. Built for demolition, land clearing, placing rip rap, brush and log handling, recycling and scrap handling.
Amulet B.R.U.T. Thumbs are rigid mechanical non-hydraulic thumbs that can be used in fixed positions. They do not require the independent control features of hydraulic thumbs or the patented Amulet HoeClamp. Amulet offers seven models in the B.R.U.T. series. Each model is designed to cover a specific segment of machines that range between 2,500 – 100,000 lbs.. For specific B.R.U.T. models and specifications, see the chart below for the model best suited for your particular loader/backhoe, mini excavator or full size excavator.
– Models available for machines with and without quick couplers.
– Adjustable fixed thumb two fixed working positions plus storage position
– Has it’s own main pin – No stress on your bucket pin. Bucket changes quickly
– Field-Customizable to fit specific bucket lengths.
– Independent Main-Pin. Does not interfere when changing bucket & works with all quick couplers.
– Easily Adjustable all adjustments made by moving a single
– Easy Installation. Shipped pre-assembled. Simply position the base plate on the stick & weld. No hydraulic hoses or valves. Most owner/operators who are proficient in welding, can position and install a B.R.U.T.’s in about 4 hours.
– Rigid Mount Bucket Thumb, Adjustable
– Universal fit weld-on base
– Universally spaced tines
– Wide range of rotation
– Independent, heat treated main pin
– High Grade T-1 steel construction is used in all critical components.
– Low maintenance
– 2 Year warranty
– 100% USA made
– Export available
Amulet B.R.U.T is available in two models (depending on your carrier):
NT (Nitro) Models: Rigid Mount Thumb has 3-position adjustment, easy function and storage for the contractor or scrap Yard just looking for a tough, hgh strength thumb at a great price.
CT (Convertible) Models: Rigid Mount Thumb: CT = Upgradeable to Hydraulic Powerbrute, which allows the rigid, 4-position model to be converted to hydraulic at a later time by replacing the telescopic strut with a hydraulic cylinder. Purchase a rigid thumb now for economy and upgrade later.
B.R.U.T. Rigid Excavator Thumbs for 25-30 Ton (50,000-60,000 lb) Machine Models (partial list). Fits most models* (Include your brand/model when ordering/quote)
Case 9040,CX240, CX250, CX290, CX300
Caterpillar 320, 321, 322, 324, 325, 330 (B,C or S family linkage)
Daewoo/Doosan 225LC, S255LC
Hitachi ZX220, ZX225, EX230, ZX240, ZX250
Hyundai RR235, 250LC, R290LC
JCB JS260, JZ23
John Deere 230, 240D, 250G, 270, 790, 792D, 290G
Kobelco SK215LC, SK220, SK235, SK250LC, SK260, SK270
Komatsu PC220, PC228, PC240, PC250LC
Link-Belt 240X2, 250X3, 280X2, 290LX, 300X3
Lui Gong 925D
New Holland EC240, EC270LC
Terex TX255LC, TXC260
Volvo ECR235, EC240
If your carrier is not listed please contact Equipmentland.
* Specific models vary depending on machine, bucket and quick coupler.
Above models need to be confirmed. Include your carrier model brand and type when inquiring/ordering.